Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Blog Review

I meant to do this before the end of the year, but I have been terribly busy.  So busy that I didn't even get a chance to finish my Twelve Days of Christmas blog series... oh well.

Anyway, I thought I'd give 2011 one more look before we move on to 2012.  So here are some blog highlights from the past year.  
(You can click on each post to read it)

We started the year about 10 weeks pregnant, very very sick, and in constant prayer over our Sweet Pea.

In the middle of January we got some great news from Jude's cardiologist.  It was a wonderful way to start the year off.

I wrote a letter of promise and prayer to my sweet baby.  It's funny to think how much I thought I loved her then and how immeasurable my love is for her now.
We made it into the 2nd Trimester and God continued to give us grace.

February started with an ambulance ride to The Lake as Jude became extremely ill with RSV.  It was the most terrified I have ever been, but God remained faithful and prayers were answered around the clock.


After Jude got home and did some recovering, he started preschool at LSU on Valentine's Day.  Lane took off early so he could pick him up from his first day of preschool and go to a Sweet Pea check up.  It was a day full of tears, but good ones.

Then... Spring arrived!  AHHHH!  SPRING!!

We started March off with a visit to pediatric cardiology- this time to take a look at Sweet Pea's heart.  Our own hearts leaped when we heard that her's was just fine.

The next week was another stressful doctors visit.  We went for Sweet Pea's biophyiscal where we would get the best idea if she would have any chromosome abnormality.  It was a wonderful day as we got to see our sweet baby and here everything looked perfect.

Then the next week, we saw Maternal Fetal Medicine where we just received a confirmation that Sweet Pea was perfect.

March was pretty busy!!

In April the nesting began and our dining nook got a little makeover.

I made it into my Third Trimester.

I turned THIRTY!  WOW!

And we celebrated Easter and colored eggs with our sweet redhead.

In May we celebrated Mother's Day in the ER again...  we took a trip to the Audubon Zoo with our best friends and their daughter, I got my monogram machine and started sewing away, Jude got moved into a toddler bed, we celebrated Lane's birthday, and Jude had his adenoids removed.

Looks like May was super busy too and you can read all about it by clicking below...

Summer arrived with June and we had some fun in the sun with a little kiddie pool and a trip to Biloxi.
and

Jude started CRAWLING!

My sister-in-laws and friends threw me a baby sprinkle.

And our faith was tested.

In July we welcomed a daughter into our family
and you met Sweet Pea.
(this post is my most viewed post of all time even today)

We named our miracle Aubrey Lane and shared a very sweet video of her birth.

Life slowed down a little bit in August.  Thank goodness.  We just settled into life with a new baby until a hospital stay briefly interrupted things.  We also shared some of Aubrey Lane's newborn pictures.

September stayed slow.  Jude started back to school and life became a new normal for our family.  And I did some dreaming of what heaven has in store for our family.

In October our sweet redhead turned FOUR!  And our Aubrey Lane was already 3 months old.  We dedicated her to raise in a Christian home to love Christ and celebrated Jude's birthday party all in the same day.

November was pleasantly uneventful!  

With December came a wonderful and busy Christmas season.  We welcomed Wilbur, our Elf on the Shelf, and took pictures with Santa at Bass Pro.  (I know it might be a sin to say as a Southerner, but I HATE Bass Pro so taking the kids to see Santa was what I did to past the time while my husband shopped)  We had our Christmas musical and our candlelight service.  And celebrated Christmas for THREE days with family.

We also enjoyed a new tradition as Lane played and sang Christmas carols to the babies Christmas night.

We finished up the year with a bonfire at home with family.  We try to do this every year that it's not raining.  It's so nice to celebrate New Year's Eve at home with my babies in their own bed and off the roads.  

2011 was a fantastic year!  I was kinda sad to see it go, but I love fresh starts.

"From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another."
John 1:16














2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!! Thanks for the kind comment on my DIY post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your year in review. God is so good and He is faithful to show Himself. Your family is too precious and I can't wait to see what is in store for ya'll in 2012!! Yay for our sweet Aubrey Lanes in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!