Saturday, April 23, 2011

THIRTY

Today is a special day...

My 3oth Birthday!! 

It can be a BIG scary number for a woman.  We are supposed to hang up the skinny jeans and put away the pumps for slacks and clogs. Our childish moments of silliness should be behind us with proper and demure composure taking their place.  And we are supposed to be done with being beautiful and attractive.

Well... not this girl!
I wear pumps with my maternity skinny jeans!  I can’t remember a time in my life when I have smiled or laughed more.  And I finally feel confident enough in who I am to truly feel beautiful.

I will admit that I am not completely thrilled with turning thirty.  It’s not the idea of being thirty that bothers me.  It’s the realization of how good life is and how fast it’s flying by.  It seems like just yesterday I turned 15 and my mom took me to get my first driver’s license.  Now here I am... 30!
  

The happiest times in my life have occurred over the past seven years of my 20's.  Meeting my best friend at the age of 23 and marrying him at the age of 25 is where it all began.  Having his son at the age of 26 added to the bliss.  And now I have the honor of carrying our second miracle baby at the age of 30!  Me and my sweetheart, loving Jesus and raising the children He loaned us to love and honor Him.  What a wonderful birthday present!!  I know I could not ask for more than these gifts from God!  


On top of those three blessings, I have been given the wonderful gift of family and Godly friends to support and love my little family.  I am so grateful for the group of women the Lord has placed in my life over the past five years!


Today, I'm going to celebrate my special day with my three blessings!  I couldn't imagine spending the day any other way!

If it took thirty years for God to mold me into who I am today, then 30 is a wonderful age to be!

Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.
Robert Frost


4 comments:

  1. Who says that 30's is when you put away skinny jeans & pumps for slacks & clogs??? No way!! All the 30-somethings i know are still stylin!! :) I love the 30's!! You will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday! Sorry Im a bit late. :P I hope it was wonderful and that 30 is the best year yet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!