Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hi! Remember me?


I know it's been a while- have you forgotten all about me and my little family? 
 


Busy has been the name of my game the past couple months.  The Mustard Seed Boutique has been insanely successful; sometimes too successful.  I never imagined I'd be this busy with it.  Jude has been one busy little guy at school and is flourishing.  Aubrey Lane has entered the terrible twos a little early and meltdowns start at breakfast.  On top of all that, Lane just came off a two month outage a couple weeks ago.  For those of you that don't know the lingo, an outage describes a scheduled period when a power plant shuts down all production to do some maintaince.  Now the idea is to get the plant up and running as soon as possible, so all the employees work the maximum amount of hours they can legally work in a week for this to happen.  That meant, we didn't see Lane except for one day a week for 2 months.  Yeah, it wasn't fun, but it's over so we won't linger.

I wish I could say that things are slowing down, but they aren't and probably won't for a while.  School is getting out soon, and I will need to get Jude involved in outpatient therapy for the summer as well as other fun activites.  As for AL, let's face it... the terrible twos aren't going anywhere for awhile. And now that the outage is over, Lane is back in nuclear training for the next 6 months or so.  Oh and the business.. I'll have to make a decision on running it over the summer soon. 

Somewhere in the madness, I have lost some pep in my step.  Maybe why I've avoided the blog?  I don't know...

I have really been thinking about it, and I've realized, I am not making important things a priority.  I'm talking about what's important to me, as a person, as a wife, as a mother, as a woman... 

So I am going to take some time and nurture the things and activities that are important to me. The small things bring me happiness throughout the day.

Cooking for my family, playing with my kids, reading regularly, making happy moments with my husband, houseplanning, gardening, sewing for my own kids. These are things that I love to do and are important to me. 

Choir, studying the Word, and Christian fellowship are important to me.  If I could just get there on time...

This blog is important to me.  Well, that's an understatement. 

This blog is very very important and dear to me. It is a record of so many precious moments that have occurred over the past handful of years.  The thoughts that keep me awake at night in a live journal. My heart poured onto a computer screen.  A place where I can always WRITE! 

So I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner and using this as an excuse to remember me and what I love to do.  I hope this will push me back into blogging because I miss it so much.  I hope you will welcome me back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!