Thursday, April 11, 2013

Getting Up to Speed- Part 1


Please bare with me... I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Let's see where should we start?

Well how about back in the fall with some updates on Jude? 
I don't know how many of you remember or even know that Jude has a sacral dimple.  This can be a sign of spinal bifida (one of the reasons Jude's prenatal screenings came back as a possible neurotube defect).  We know that Jude does not have spinal bifida, and most of the time this is not a big deal.  Lane has one and so does Aubrey Lane.  But Jude's is pretty deep.  The neurologists have been worried since his birth that his spine cord was connected to the base of the spine- it's supposed to be free floating.  If it was connected, it would mean major surgery.  Well after an MRI last fall, the neurologist reported everything looked great and no future treatment needed.  YAY!!!
Meanwhile, my sweet redhead turned FIVE!!!  Although, I can't believe he's already five, I can't remember life without him.


Even though Jude is now five, he had to start preschool because his birthday falls right after the cutoff date.  Regardless, his teachers are wonderful, and Jude started settling in his new routine.  He is excited most days when I pull into carpool which makes me happy.  He's even got to go on a handful of field trips.  The first to the local corn maze. Jude had a blast!
Around the same time, The Mustard Seed Boutique got LLC'd and I officially became a business owner. 


Late fall we took a family vacation back to one of my favorite place, Gatlinburg, TN.  We went with Lane's parents and his brother and his wife.  Despite unseasonable cold weather, we had a good time.  Even go to see some snow!









Then Christmas rolled in and oh these two were just too much fun. It is bittersweet that my babies are growing up so fast, but they are just so much fun and every new stage.  And we packed a LOT into this Christmas season.  I was crazy busy with the boutique and Lane with his new job, but somehow we made it to parties, family gatherings, and even the zoo for Zoo Lights.






Before I knew it we were taking down Christmas decorations, and getting ready for a new year.  We still managed to fit some fun things into winter break, like a Mommy-Jude movie date to see Monsters, Inc and a back to school haircut.

We said goodbye to 2012 and then welcomed 2013.

Well.. that gets us to the current year at least.  I'll be back with Part 2 soon.

Angel






1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back! Love getting updates on these cuties!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!