Wednesday, May 30, 2012

She's TEN Months Old

Aubrey Lane, you are TEN. MONTHS. OLD!

You have actually been ten months old for over a week now, but it seems like I get worse and worse on keeping up with the blog these days.

This has been the most exciting month yet.  You have learned so much in the last month and you seem to be doing something new and exciting just about everyday.  It amazes us how smart you are.

Well you started crawling the day before you made nine months but it was a slow awkward crawl.  However, you mastered the skill very quickly and you are crawling everywhere... FAST.  I can barely keep up with you.  A week after you really started crawling you started pulling up.  Talk about fast!  You pull up to stand on EVERYTHING.  And in the past couple weeks, you have even started cruising along furniture and climbing up stairs.  Part of your favorite thing to do is climb back and forth over me or your daddy when we are playing with you in the living room.



You have also started waiving "Bye Bye" very appropriately and waiving your little hand in the air when I say "Uh Oh".  You are mimicking us so much with sounds and motions.  You've even started shaking your little head when I shake mine and tell you "No No".

And you are hearing the words "No No" a lot lately, Aubrey.  You have learned to open and close cabinet doors and drawers.  I have caught you pulling the trash can out of the cabinet and trying to dig in my jewelry box a couple times, so we are needing to child proof the house and QUICK!

After you made nine months, we moved you to mainly table food and you LOVE it.  You eat so good now that we have eliminated the baby food.  You insist on feeding yourself, so at breakfast and lunch, I try to give you finger foods.  At dinner I let you practice with the spoon and you do very well.  You make a huge mess, which your Daddy can't stand,  but I don't mind because I know that is part of it.




You used to be such a good sleeper, sleeping straight through the night since you were 8 weeks old.  However, you have started getting up around 3-5 to nurse or PLAY!   I'm pretty sure it's just this age and teething.  And you are a pretty restless sleeper.  You are always in a different position every time I check on you.  And you sleep in the funniest positions.  You don't like to nap.  You only take one good nap a day, but you seem happy so I don't worry.



You are growing like a little weed, Aubrey Lane.  You are now in 12 or 18 months clothes.  I still have a few 9 months outfits I tuck you into, but not many.  You are still in a size 3 diaper and you wear a size 3 shoe barely.  Seems like you will have my tiny feet.  This past month, we have added to your accessories by getting your ears pierced.  I was on the fence about it, but I'm glad we did since you have decided you don't want to wear your bows lately.  You are just darling with your tiny little pearls.  

Last week you got another tooth, bringing the grand total up to EIGHT!  That's right.  EIGHT TEETH!  We expected that though because Jude was an early teether too.  

Since summer is here, we have started doing all kinds of fun things.  We swing outside. We go on wagon rides.  We play in the kiddie pool.  We have play dates.  We go shopping.  We go to the zoo.  We go to Global Wildlife.  We go to the splash pad. We go to the pool...  well you get the picture.





You are still very happy and sweet.  People are always commenting on how beautiful and happy you are.  And I have to agree with them.  ;-)  I feel confident that your eyes are going to stay blue gray at this point.  Your hair is starting to get thicker and a little longer and is very very dark; and your skin has a pretty golden complexion.  Even after gobs and gobs of sunblock, your skin is much darker than Jude's fair complexion.  


Aubrey Lane, even though you are sweet and happy, you are very feisty as well.  The nursery staff at church has to watch you very closely because you are kind of a bully in there.  You steal other babies' pacifiers, bottles, and toys just for spite.  And you play to rough for the little babies so it won't be long before they move you across the hall in with the toddlers.  

Aubrey Lane, you are so so soooo attached to me.  And to tell the truth, part of me kind of loves the fact that you want me over anyone else.  It makes me feel very loved and needed, and I want to enjoy it because I know that in a blink of an eye, you won't need me anymore.  I pray ALL the time that my time with you as my baby will go by very slowly.  Even though, I can't remember life without you, I am amazed that in less than 2 months, you'll turn ONE! 

ONE!

This baby, this daughter that I prayed so fervently for is growing up way to fast.  I hope you get to read all this one day and see just how much I have loved you since before you were even born.  


Happy Ten Months, baby girl, my Sweet Pea.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Angel I love reading your post! I would love to get together soon with the kids. let me know on facebook. Emma and Aubrey would play good and Taylor and Jude would too.

    Brittney Denicola McGlone

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll! She sleeps so sweet.

    What waterpark/splash park do yall go to? I would love to take Lexi but we aren't familiar with the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's ears pierced as an infant. I think you were a super smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them. She'll thank you later!

    Our ped also encouraged to do it when mommy could care for them. I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Like you, I kept seeing babies and little girls with earrings and how cute they were with little gold studs in their ears poking through their hair.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

    If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 10 months Aubrey! You have got to slow down...before we know it, she will be a year old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!