Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Babymoon... sort of

I have been begging my hubby to take me on a "babymoon" before Sweet Pea arrives.  But when it came down to it, I really didn't desire a trip without my Judey Jude, so we decided to make it one last little weekend vacay before the baby arrives.

I checked with my doctor last week and she advised that if I wanted to go, I needed to go NOW before she puts me on traveling restrictions.  

So we decided very last minute to travel to Biloxi.. which was a great idea... I brought my mom to babysit and got to visit my grandmother who lives on the coast.


Lane, Jude, and I spent the day on the beach.. playing in the sand, the water, and flying kites..



Isn't Jude too cute in his sunglasses his Papa (Lane) bought him!


Surprisingly, Jude LOVED the sand and water!


We bought a kite for one whole dollar and it was well worth it's cost.  Jude loved watching it.


We kept his rash guard on him the whole time for some extra SPF!  Those of you with redheads understand the extra precaution needed.




Overall, we had a wonderful time.  Then Jude went and stayed the night with his maw maws so Lane and I could have a date.  And we finished up the next day shopping at the outlet mall.  Where I caved and bought Sweet Pea a few cute outfits ;-)


Speaking of Sweet Pea, we have our first visit with the new doctor this week...  I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for her.  And I've been having contractions throughout the day for the past week so I'm anxious to see if I am making any progress towards my hoped for delivery dates (which are around the first week of July). And we get another ultrasound to find out how the baby is growing.  


The last time we did an ultrasound, the baby was measuring on the small side, so please pray that all looks well for this visit.  


Hope everyone is having a great summer...  we only have about a month left of ours before the baby excitement starts!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you, but I am sure God will take care of your little baby!!

    I am so happy you had a nice trip. You have such a lovely family!

    xxoo God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!