Friday, August 8, 2014

Because I know...


Most of you ended your day by asking your sweet one if they had a good day, if they liked their teacher, did they make a new friend, if they enjoyed their lunch, did they learn something new, what was their favorite part of the day, what was their least, if they had fun, if they didn't and why, and so on and so on.

On the other hand, I cannot ask Jude these questions and expect an answer. 

I have to have complete and blind faith that he likes his teachers, that he made new friends, that he was treated kindly, that he received the education he deserves, and that his needs were met above and beyond.

And you know what?  

I do have that faith.

Do I have faith in the school system? Not nessacarily.  We live in a great school system that has been awesome so far.  However, it is a "system" and systems don't work for every person and child.  If that was the case, we wouldn't have private schools and home schools.

Do I have faith in the teachers and staff?  I have met them a few times, and they all seem nice.  I have heard many sing their praises, but I don't know them.  Not really.  And to have faith in man would be silly.

Do I have faith in myself as a parent to do the best and make the best decisons for my son?  No way.  I make mistakes hourly.  I pray daily for forgiveness of where I could have done better and guidance to do better the next time I have the opportunity.

My faith is not in the school system, not in the teachers, and not in myself.  

My faith is in Christ alone.

The same faith I had that God had a plan with giving us a child with special needs is the same faith I have in Him when I enroll my son in school and trust them to take care of him.

The same faith I had that The Lord would heal my three month old and let him live is the same faith that allows me to drop him off at school every morning without tears of fear.

The same faith I had that God would allow Jude to walk one day despite the fact that he could barely sit up is the same faith I have when I watch Jude walk in into his class in the morning holding the hand of his teacher.

The same faith that I have in His Grace when the fear over the next five years of Jude's life threatens to steal my joy, is the same faith I have when I tuck Jude in at night and anticpate a good day for him tomorrow.

Because I know...


I know Who goes before me.  I know Who stands behind. The God of angel armies is always by my side.



"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
          Deuteronomy 31:8 



1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! Love Aunt Wendy (I think my other comment signed me as Kristie to which I have no idea why)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!