Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Pea's Dream Nursery

Ok.. So I have been on the hunt for the perfect baby bedding.  Being that Sweet Pea's gender is a surprise, I set my sights on all white baby bedding that I could accent with a baby blue or baby pink once our sweet miracle arrived.


Here's the problem... Do you know how hard it is to find all white crib bedding?  Harder than I thought.  I found some bedding that was all white but lacey :-( and my favorite go to place, Pottery Barn, only carries it with scalloped edges of light pink or blue.  While it's pretty, it's not quite what I was looking for.  


I wanted something a little less modern and a little more timeless..


Then.. I happened upon a post from one of my FAVORITE blogs Pearls and Grace (a must read if you need a dose of God's simple goodness), in which her son is attached to, of all things, a beautiful white linen crib bumper.


Once I saw it, I knew I wanted it.  So after contacting sweet Sibi, she informed me that bumper came from Pom Pom.  She also warned me to brace myself.  


Her warning was needed...  They have a beautiful collection of timeless linens..  I found that Oh, Baby! here in Baton Rouge carries their line.  So my sweet Lane brought me to the boutique to lift my spirits on a trying day.


And, boy, did it lift my spirits...  Walking in the door, we were surrounded by the most beautiful baby and children's things I had ever seen.  The softest blankets, the most precious linen gowns, beautiful crib bedding, timeless Moses baskets, and the most comfortable chair.  They even had a smocked bumper and crib bedding set!  This southern girl was in HEAVEN!


And there it was.. in a corner.. the Pom Pom linen bedding.  Now it was BEAUTIFUL... so you could imagine, the price was not.  Despite, the "priceyness" of the sweet boutique, I walked around and was truly inspired.


Lane and Jude set in the most comfy chair while I shopped.  It was the neatest thing.  A comfy, cushiony chair that glided, swiveled, and reclined!  It was perfect, but once again, it's $1200 price tag was not so great.


Later that night, after an inspiration HIGH, I began to search online for more nursery inspiration.  


I found it. 


My new favorite online boutique.


Layla Grayce


This boutique is literally PACKED with beautiful retailers such as my beloved Pom Pom, Bella Notte, Lula Smith, and several others.


I found some really gorgeous ideas for Sweet Pea's room.




Isn't this bumper by Bella Notte GORGEOUS.. of course if Sweet Pea turns out to be a girl ;-)




And I just love this flowing crib skirt by Lula Smith!





 Of course, the sweet simplicity of Pom Pom's linen bedding had me drooling again.





Lula Smith just keeps winning with her gorgeous bassinet bedding and Moses basket!  




For a more casual look, I would just love, love, love this crib by Newport Cottages in a cream or white.




Now, wouldn't I be the most envied mom carrying this beautiful Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag!  Psss... I already got a great Kalencom diaper bag a friend picked up for me!  But, a girl could always use more bags ;-)


Oh.. Did I mention that Layla Grayce is also having a Dream Nursery Giveaway!  They are giving away a Newport Cottage crib and changing table, artwork, that precious Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag, and a $5oo gift certificate.. So, moms to be, check it out!


Well... I have decided that I may try to make some simple white crib bedding with a gorgeous flowing crib skirt.. So PRAY for me!  This is the plan, unless Ebay comes through first ;-)


And Lane and I have decided that there is one luxury we might like to have...
The chair.

The gliding, swiveling, reclining chair.

But we aren't paying $1200 for it.  I found the chair on a website for about HALF the price and FREE shipping!  It will go in the living room, though...  I already have a rocker for the back, and I want something for the living room.  But I don't really care for the look of a traditional recliner and since we were already in the market for a new chair, this seemed perfect.

Well.. I hope you enjoyed..  And my mom to be friends, go check out that website.  They have all kinds of baby things.  And mommy things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!