Monday, April 18, 2011

Sentimental Treasure

My sweet bloggy friend, Cha Cha from Sit Relax and Read has been doing a "Sentimental Sunday" linky party every Sunday for a while now.  It's a linky party in which you display your sentimental treasures around your home.  I have so bad wanted to join in the sweet fun, but I didn't think I had anything old enough to be sentimental just yet... especially not something I decorated with.  


Well... when I was working on my cabinet makeover, I came across my own sentimental treasure.




This beautiful platter.  Or at least I think it's beautiful, or maybe it's the sentimental story attached to it...


You see, this platter was a wedding gift from my cousin.  Our great aunt made the platter, but sadly she passed away only a few months before my wedding.  So what a wonderful and sentimental wedding gift it made for me.


Another tragedy is that this platter was hidden in a mass a bubble wrap in my cabinet.  I didn't want anything to happen to it, but what good was it doing in my cabinet? 


So now it is on full display on the counter in my new made over cabinets...





It's not pewter or made of sterling silver or fine crystal.  It was not bought at Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma... but I just LOVE this platter!


Thanks for letting me share!
XOXO,
Angel

3 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely platter!

    I just found your blog today and I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

    bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS pretty and even better that its not for some place anyone can pick one up! I love the color of it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. It really is beautiful on its own, but when you add to it the touching story behind its origin, it becomes something of immense value and beauty.

    Thank YOU for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!