Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a Weekend..

You know how our weekend started... with a very sick redhead.


Well, I wish I could say that when Jude woke up Saturday morning, he felt much better, but... I can't.  In fact it was quite the opposite story.  He finally went to sleep Friday night, but we were at Lane's parents' house.  So when we left to go home, he woke back up and cried until after 5am! But it didn't last long. At 7:30 he was up and crying again.  It was HELL!! 


I also wish that I could say Sunday was better, but it wasn't.  He was just as miserable all day.  


Jude has been so congested.  He has coughed and sneezed and vomited and ran fever all weekend.  We keep Pedialyte, vicks vapor rub, and Mucinex ready on the kitchen table. We have washed sheets, blankets, and towels in super hot water countless times.


We have tried a few tricks to distract him from his discomfort.  We went for a drive; he loves car rides.  We took a stroller ride; he loves those too.  And we've given him warm baths around the clock because those always brighten his spirits.


We even tried the baby swing as kind of a joke.




It actually worked for a few minutes, and he quit fussing.  But the swing looked like it was about to give out so we couldn't entertain the idea any longer.  Speaking of ideas- a swing like this made for bigger kids?  Hello! I would totally buy that just to use for moments like these.


I read that for severe bronchial congestion, being outdoors and in some sunlight is very helpful.  So Lane took Jude for a wagon ride this afternoon.




Aubrey Lane and I joined them.




It helped but not for long. Thank goodness he's sleeping right now.  Something about him sleeping so peacefully gives me a great sense of relief.  


I keep praying that tomorrow will be much much better since Lane goes back to work, and I have started feeling bad myself.  Lane has been awesome this weekend taking care of Jude around the clock.


Last night while everyone was sleeping, I had the sniffles and couldn't sleep.  So, I finally got a chance to get a few projects finished; some very pretty chenille bibs.  I saw some in a boutique and thought 'I can make those'.  So Lane drew me a pattern from my description to practice with (I'm can't even draw stick figures), and the finished product came out so cute!




Here is Aubrey Lane wearing one of them.  (They are cute, but she is so much cuter.)  


I've got some more cute ones on my Facebook page.  You can get a peek by going to The Mustard Seed Boutique.  And I'll be listing some in my Etsy shop soon too.  I'll post a link for that when I do.


I've teetered back in forth with the idea of making a little business out of my work.  I've had so many distractions; a new baby, adjusting to life with two kids, Jude's super crazy preschool and therapy schedule, and an incredibly busy Christmas, blah blah blah.  Well I've decided make a little business out of it, but a little differently.  Instead of taking a hundred custom orders and trying to round up materials and taking a loss in the end, I'm going to just list items I have available and fabrics I can use for them.  We'll see how it goes.  I hope it does well because I could use the little extra income right now.  


That leads me into something a little more serious.  You remember my unspoken prayer request from Friday?  Well it's time to make it "spoken".  I've realized there is no shame in it, my family didn't do anything wrong, and well we could use the prayers.


Around Thanksgiving, projects at Lane's work were very slow so the company cut everyone down to 32 hours a week through the holidays.  Not awful, just very awful timing.  We didn't panic because we were sure work would pick up soon.  Well this past Monday, his company cut everyone even further down to 24 HOURS A WEEK!! We are a super budgeted, one income family so this isn't great news.  But it wouldn't be good news for anyone.  I'm not worried about finances.  I'm sure the Lord will provide.  HE always does!!  However, I do feel a loss of security in his current employer.  I am afraid that work will not pick back up and if it does, will this happen again and how often?  So we are just asking for God's guidance in this area in our lives right now.  Thank you so much for praying for us!


Well that's all for now.  I really hope I can write a blog post tomorrow telling you that Jude is 110% better!  


Hope y'all have a good week!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I am definitely keeping you, lane and your sweet babies in my prayers. I am sorry Jude isn't feeling well. I can imagine how that makes you feel, I never feel as helpless as when I can't make my babies feel better immediately. If I can ever do anything to help you out, please let me know, even if it's just sending y'all supper. I'd be more than happy to take a little stress off of you. I admire you so very much for the mother you are! And of course I think your babies are precious. And also, I think the prayers for the work situation will pay off soon! :) I hope y'all get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calhoun take me away! You away:) hugs and prayers to you .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!