Monday, February 28, 2011

It's here...

Spring, that is!


Well not officially by a calendar but the weather is actually insisting that Spring has already begun, and so has a purely blissful state of mind for me! 


I love EVERYTHING about Spring!  


I love the wind.  I love the blooming trees.  I love the new plants arriving at my local nursery.  I love planting my gladiola bulbs and vegetables and anything in the ground.  I love spring projects.  I love wearing sandals and white clothes.  I love dressing my sweet redhead in jon jons, plaid shorts, boat shoes, and seersucker.  I love fishing and hitting golf balls with my hubby.  I love to hear the birds in the morning.  I love hanging clothes out to line dry.  I love the sound of lawnmowers and tractors.


Speaking of tractors, I am thankful for my very rural residence for many, many reasons.  


One example...



Jude gets regular tractor rides with his Paw Paw Gary!
You just can't do stuff like this in a subdivision.



On other bright news... Jude is still doing AWESOME in preschool!  I just learned today during my first parent/teacher conference that he has a new word approximation- "apple".  I'm so proud of him!  Words just can't express it for me.  


By the way, can I say just how weird it feels saying "I have a parent/teacher conference today." My baby big boy is growing up.


On Sweet Pea/ Butter Bean news... everything seems to still be going great.  The expected baby really just loves Jude because every time I am holding Jude, the baby becomes real excited and wiggly.  This just blesses my heart beyond measure.  


My prayers are changing for this baby everyday.  Of course I pray for health, but I am just mainly giving thanks for this sweet gift God has given us.  When Jude was given no hope three years ago, Lane and I completely surrendered our precious baby to our Savior.  We did not ask for healing, but for only honor and glory be brought to His name through our situation.  We gave thanks for what the Lord was doing in our lives.  


I'm not a saint by any means.  This was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life.  I have had many moments of faithlessness and doubt, but this was the prayer God gave me on that desperate night.


That was three years ago... and today without even meeting this baby, we are doing the same.  We already love this baby tremendously and that is why we have already surrendered it to our heavenly Father.  Glory and honor will be given to His name, the sweet name of Jesus, regardless of the health and genetic make up of our Sweet Pea.  


All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee, my blessed Savior
I surrender all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!