Monday, August 30, 2010

making a SPLASH

I cannot believe that September is almost here!  I must admit that I am kind of sad to say farewell to summer.  Even though we didn't travel much, it was still a fun summer.  Thanks to Lane (and our awesome family), the backyard became the ultimate Watts vacay hotspot!!   Jude spent lots of time this summer in his little splash pool, and we enjoyed watching him have a blast.


The baby pool, or toddler pool I should say, was a fantastic Christmas present from Lane's parents.  It was a perfect summer activity for Jude, especially since the pool had a large canopy to protect our little fair redhead from the harsh Louisiana sun.  

On a side note...  I know I have mentioned this before, but I had never really wanted a redheaded child with fair skin.  But since I love Jude and all that he is SO MUCH, I also love his auburn hair and fair complexion.  I hope the rest of our children will be blessed with such beauty.


We weren't the only ones that enjoyed our favorite vacay spot.  My parents and nephew came to visit for a cookout.  With the economical purchase of a $5 slip and slide, our backyard was a happening little water park.  Jude and Seth played and splashed while we barbecued.  


Summer is a gift to us given by God...
Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter.
Psalms 74:17 



Jude loves the water, and I will miss watching him SPLASH and play!

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Ezekiel 36:25 



Don't worry!  I will not be sad for long.  I know that with the new seasons will come new memories and awesome experiences.  And just like I know autumn and winter are on the way, I also know that spring and summer will return because He promised!


While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

Hugs and Kisses,
Angel

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment. it touched my heart.

    now, popping over here to visit you, has completely touched me even more. just to read small bits of your story. so amazing. that JUDE is precious. look at him in the pool!

    i sure hope that the drs. will be able to help with his eating issues. it is so interesting that he ate for those days, and then stopped. i will pray that they find an answer for it soon.

    hope you all have a beautiful weekend!
    i have been blessed by visiting your blog!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a kind word with me!